May 2016:
March 2014:

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I don't know what that is, but it isn't GDP


I found a graph of "Total Assets of the Federal Reserve" somewhere. Wanted to know if I could get the same data from FRED, so I searched FRED and found two with that name. Only one line appears on the graph, so they're identical. The other one is too small to see (as I discovered after a second look).

I kept the first one, then added GDP to the graph. but GDP didn't show up because it's given in billions, and the Assets are given in millions. So I divided the assets number by 1000 to convert millions to billions. Here's the graph I got:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=GxR

I think the X-axis distances before 2002 got compressed. That's pretty strange.

//

Ohhh... The Assets data is "weekly" and the GDP data is "quarterly".

Yeah, that's it.

Funny glitch.

No comments: