May 2016:
March 2014:

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Nobody ever told me this...


I do drawings for a living. Oh, not artistic stuff. Drawings to make things of wood and steel, at work. AutoCAD, almost entirely.

Been doing drawings for a living for a long time. Usually, when you put text on a drawing, it is horizontal. Sometimes it is vertical. Here's the thing nobody ever told me, but I found out by having to cock my head from one side to the other to read my own drawings: When you do text vertical, you want to turn them all the same way, so you can tilt your head to the left and read them all. You don't want to have to swing that weight to the left to read one annotation, then to the right to read the next one, then back again for another. You don't want to do that.

See the text labels for the left and right scales on this graph?


You're swingin' that weight to read them.

No comments: